Monday, November 05, 2012

Farmer"s Market

Back in September we went to the the Farmer's Market in downtown Bloomington, just like we intend to do every Saturday in the summertime...  except this time we actually woke up, got ourselves AND 2 BABIES dressed, fed, and out the door and downtown before it ended.  Okay, so we only had one hour before it closed, but it still counts.  You'll notice the stylish Baby Bjorn that I'm wearing and the single stroller, which indicates we had not yet bought the monstrous double jogging stroller that I now love with all my heart. At this point, Henry had finally gotten big enough that there was no longer hope for both of them to lie side by side in the stroller and share a seat belt. For some reason, this particular day I chose to attach the 3lb heavier baby to my shoulders and spinal column.
  We also made it out another Saturday but drove there because the weather guy said it would rain AT 1PM. We got the double stroller out, loaded 'em up, walked over to the row of vendors, and it instantly started pouring down rain.  We jogged a block over and took cover in CVS pharmacy where we shopped for junk we didn't need for a half hour before it stopped raining.  At that point, I was completely content with my shopping finds for the day and ready to head home.  Alas, CVS did not have fresh basil so we pulled the shade over their heads to block any remaining sprinkles and headed back our to finish our shopping.  This time, only one person stopped us to ask, "Are they twins?" to which I always want to say, "Who? Henry and I? That's very kind but I'm his father."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Offset this blog with meaningful comments: